Monday, May 26, 2008

One skillful artist on Deviantart told me that copying from master painting helps more than painting practices from photograph, I decided to give it a go. But unfortunately most of online pictures of Rembrandt are of poor quality.... I have yet found a color accurate and detailed stock photo on his paintings. I don't want to use my text book because... well, those colors are usually altered so much it's not like the original.

I decided to copy off online artists who I deem have higher level of skill than me again.

I guess I can refer to them as the modern Rembrandt, since most modern artists studied Rembrandt.

I am interested in copying one of Rembrandt's later work, portrait of a old farm woman, I saw it in museum, but I can't find it online.

So far what I have learned from copying from this piece... just the background alone will benefit me...
I aim at a good similarity... but there's no way to be completely the same with all that texture stock involved.
I am excited... I wonder how much I would learn when I finish this study.

No comments: